Accessibility Across Contexts
- Date/Time: Wednesday March 6th, 2024. 10 to 12 pm Central.
- Location: Bruininks Hall 131A and virtual.
- Registration required to attend in-person or virtual.
Stachl-Peier will also facilitate a panel discussion with University experts on increasing inclusion acumen across the University of Minnesota system. Panelists:
- Khaled Musa: Academic Technologist, Accessibility Focused, Academic Technology Support Services, Twin Cities
- Madeeha Lamoreaux: Digital Content Specialist: Weisman ArtMuseum, Twin Cities
Zoom Event! Disability Justice in MN: A Community Conversation
- Day/Time: March 11, 5:00pm - 6:30pm
- Event Description: A panel discussion with the community members of Amplify MN: A Disability Justice Collective, a newly formed group created through the support of a Liberal Arts Engagement Hub residency. This conversation will explore the history, challenges, and current activist work of Disability Justice in Minnesota. Moderated by Dr. Angela Carter, founding member of the Critical Disability Studies Collective
- Location: This is a Zoom event that is free and open to the public.
- RSVP to receive the Zoom link and request access measures / accommodations.
Image Description: A flyer that reads "Disability Justice in MN A Community Conversation. A virtual Conversation with the community leaders of AmplifyMN: A Disability Justice Collective. March 11, 5-6:30pm on Zoom. A capital H in a blue oval followed by the words "Liberal Arts Engagement Hub" are at the bottom. Centered on the flyer is a cartoon-like computer monitor with an image Disabled and Here on the screen. A dark skinned wheelchair user with long hair and a beanie sits at a small table, using their laptop to participate in a video meeting. The laptop screen is shown to their right, with the call being live captioned. The main speaker is a dark skinned person wearing a hijab and glasses, and 3 other participants are at the bottom of the screen, in smaller windows. In the bottom right corner, a yellow service dog bounds towards the wheelchair user.
Built Without Barriers: Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD), May 16, 2024
Stay tuned! UMN GAAD Website